Search Engines, Portals, and Meta-Informative Sites
- Google The best search engine right now.
- Altavista What I usually use, because I don't care enough to use the very best.
- Yahoo Web email and web directory. Also maps and directions which are sometimes inaccurate.
- Zip2.com Great for getting directions between places or finding businesses, but sometimes inaccurate, like Yahoo maps.
Video Game News
- The Straight Dope Answers for all of your questions.
- The Onion It's still funny. Mostly.
- The Fray If you're looking for real life stories with commentary, The Fray is for you. If you're looking for a small chunk of meat on a stick, you'd be wanting a corn dog.
- www.raindrop.com The web site of my friend (and a talented photographer and 3D animator), Mike "Harlock" Massee. Note: Not suitable for those under 18 years of age.
- www.powazek.com Derek Powazek is legendary in the web community. He also contributed to Blogger, which powers part of this site.
- www.swirlyblue.com The web site of another friend, Mary...uh...whatever her last name is. It's not Quite Contrary. I'm pretty sure of that.
- www.theopticnerve.com The web site of an old friend who I've done a lousy job of keeping in touch with, Katie Miranda.
- www.gothic.net The ISP for goths! No, not really.
- www.prison.net The ISP for prisoners! No, not really.
- www.software.net The ISP for software! No, not really.
- www.he.net The ISP for...he! Hurricane Electric. Despite annoying ads, they're a great isp.
- Cafe Babylon My friends owned it. It died. I'm sad.
- The #Vidgames Homepage I hang out on IRC a lot on this channel.
- Gaming Age Many of these guys hang out on #Vidgames.
- Magic Box Lots of rumors which turn out to be false, but also lots of news from Japan.
- Game-Over.net Lots of reviews of games that haven't been released yet. They seem to be attempting to become slightly less underground.
- IGN PC One of like twelve billion IGN sites. Just go to this one and link to the systems you actually care about.
- CNET Gamecenter I never really frequented this site.